Non stick pans are the equivalent of the mighty sword for amateur cooks, I mean who wants to spend their time scrubbing and scraping food off their pans every time they cook?
That’s why ceramic coating is a fantastic option, food just slides right off. But what is the best ceramic cookware for gas stoves?
Table of Contents
Best ceramic cookware for gas stoves
Well choosing the best ceramic cookware for gas stoves can be a headache. You want cookware that’s durable and can take the heat to avoid it breakings. Not to mention all the beautiful features that can come with a cookware set.
We decided that it was best that we made the picks, so you can choose any of the best ones without the headache. All of our picks focused on durability to ensure you get a long life from your ceramic cookware. And better yet, we have also chosen a category for each cookware for gas stove cooking which are:
- Best Overall
- Best Budget
- Best Value
So let’s get started, and feel free to skip the category that best suits you.
GreenPan Valencia Pro (Best Overall)
Our first pick is the GreenPan Valencia Pro. This is the best overall due to it’s high quality however this is expensive. The other options are still brilliant, but much cheaper in price.
This ceramic cookware set comes with:
- 8” frying pan
- 9. 5” frying pan
- 11” frying pan
- 2 quart 3 quart saucepans with lids;
- 3 quart skillet with lid;
- 5 quart casserole with lid
Why We Chose This Pick
The ceramic coating is infused with diamonds, yes you heard that correctly, infusing the ceramic coating with diamonds actually turns the non stick ability up, and it does an incredible job at it too. Food literally slides straight off the pan without touching it.
It’s hard anodized aluminum, meaning it has extremely fast heat conduction and it’s durable enough for every stove top type including gas and induction. Making it the most versatile out of all the ceramic cookware sets.
To top it off, it has a magneto base for super induction efficiency. Making your cooking times much quicker and your energy bills lower.
The ceramic coating is PFAS, PFOA, lead and cadmium free so it’s great for the environment and released no toxic fumes into your food. It’s also safe for metal utensils which you don’t see much on ceramic coatings.
Last but not least for those who love the environment, the ceramic coating is derived from natural sand. Making it more environmental friendly than most ceramic cookware sets on the market.
- Cookware Set Includes: 8'', 9.5'', 11'' frypans; 2...
- Infused with diamonds, GreenPan’s Thermolon...
- Metal utensil safe, our original diamond-infused...
- Valencia Pro's Magneto Induction Bases bring...
- Oven and broiler safe up to 600°F
REDMOND Nonstick Cookware Set (Best Budget)
Our second pick is the Redmon nonstick ceramic cookware set.
This ceramic cookware set comes with:
- 8.2-inch open fry pan
- 10-inch open fry pan
- 1.5-quart sauce pan with lid
- 2.5-quart casserole with lid
- 5-quart casserole with lid used
Why We Chose This Pick
It’s a great all rounder in terms of the equipment you get, the two different sized frying pans allow for 1-4 people. It also has two different sized casserole pans to cook for 1-4 people. To finish off it has a 1.5 quart saucepan took cook your sauces.
The pans themselves are coated in eco friendly non stick ceramic without PFAS and PFOA making it healthy to cook food in and good for the environment.
The non stick coating performs quite well, I had no issues cleaning these pans or searing meats on them. And as you know meat sears are extremely stick worthy cooking techniques.
The lids are made with heat and shatter resistant glass, which is expected. And it has stainless steel handles with good heat retention so they stay cool for long periods of time whilst the inside of the pan is aluminum with ceramic coating so it heats up fast. Meaning quick food without burning your hands.
Finally, this cookware set has been designed for a range of stoves which include ceramic, gas, electric, halogen or even induction. Making it versatile if you ever switch your stove type.
- Nonstick Ceramic Coating: All pots are made of...
- Stainless Steel Handle & Visible Glass Lid: The...
- 8 Piece Pots and Pans Sets: REDMOND nonstick...
- Quick & Evenly Heating: The cookware set is made...
- Usage & Care: All pans and pots are applicable for...
Amazon Basics Ceramic Non-Stick (Best Value for Money)
Our third pick is Amazons basics, I do love Amazon basics products because they provide best value for money.
So how do Amazon always achieve best value for money? Well since it’s amazon, they don’t have to pay for marketing and distribution, they have their own company which already does that. So they can spend that money on product quality, which makes it the best value for money.
This cookware set includes:
- 6.3 inch, 1.5 quart saucepan with lid
- 8 inch, 3 quart saucepan with lid
- 9 .5 inch, 6 quart casserole dish with lid;
- 9.5 inch, 3 quart sauté pan with lid
- 8 and 10 inch skillets,
- Slotted spatula and solid spoon
Why We Chose This Pick
These ceramic pots and pans have a multi layer non stick interior giving great non stick properties to the pans, making it the best ceramic cookware in terms of value for money. After all, you buy ceramic non stick cookware for the non stick mainly.
The ceramic coating is hard nano-ceramic making it durable and suitable for gas stoves. it’s also ANSI certified with no PFAO.
The handles on the pots and pans are made of silicone, which makes them oven safe up to 150 degrees and they stay cool whilst cooking on gas stoves.
The lids are made from tempered glass so you can monitor your food whilst cooking it on your gas stoves.
And finally it’s dishwasher safe making cleaning extremely easy.
Overall it may not seem like much, because there is no fancy elements to this set, but it’s the best cookware for gas stove cooking when it comes to value. You can’t get higher quality than this price tag.
- 12-piece non-stick cookware set constructed with...
- Multi-layer, non-stick interior coating for easy...
- Tempered glass lids allow for easy food monitoring...
- Dual-riveted silicone handle stays cool to the...
- Oven safe to 150 degrees; suitable for all...
When trying to find the best non stick ceramic cookware, there is a few things you need to look out for specifically. Especially if you are looking for the best ceramic cookware for gas stove cooking.
These are the properties you need to be looking out for when choosing a nonstick cookware set.
- Durability: You need your ceramic cookware for gas stove cooking to be durable, if it’s not durable then the ceramic coating can break down and the aluminum could warp. We recommend hard anodized aluminum for your pots and pans as this is the more durable version of aluminum
- Ergonomics: Ergonomics is one I like to consider, because I usually own a cookware set for a couple of years ands I want it to feel great in my hands whilst cooking. Normally I will look for handles that don’t get hot, and any grip attached is a bonus.
- Safety: The ceramic coating is free of PFOA, PTFE, lead and cadmium. This is for your safety, the last thing you want is for toxic fumes to be going into your food,
- Maintenance: For easier maintenance, find a range that is dishwasher safe
- Oven Safe: Some people prefer this, some don’t. Therefor I will let you decide if you want an oven safe set or not, it depends how much you cook on your gas stove and then transfer to the oven./
- Dishwasher Safe: Some ceramic cookware will have it’s coating destroyed by the harsh environment of a dishwasher. If you do own a dishwasher and want your ceramic cookware in the dishwasher, then you definitely need to look out for this.
- Non Stick Surface: You need to find non stick cookware that has a fantastic non stick surface, some will be better than others, and brands are not going to admit to having a bad one. So it’s best to look at reviews to find good non stick properties. See what others have said about it, as this tends to be a key discussion in the reviews of a product.
Is ceramic cookware good for gas stoves?
Yes, ceramic cookware is good for a gas stove, the ceramic coating is one of few coatings that can withstand the extreme heat that can be thrown out by a gas stove.
Most coating you see will start to smoke at high temperatures, but that’s where ceramic coatings shine as they can withstand it.
What is the best type of cookware to use on a gas stove?
Any cookware that can withstand direct heat is good for a gas stove, providing it doesn’t have any coatings that can’t stand high temperatures like the one mentioned in our tfal ceramic cookware review.
Some example of good cookware to use on a gas stove:
- Ceramic cookware
- Cast iron cookware
- stainless steel cookware
- Titanium cookware
- Aluminum cookware
Can you use porcelain cookware on a gas stove?
Yes you can use porcelain cookware on a gas stove, although you do have to be careful not to use too much heat. We recommend only turning it up to 3/4 of the way on the dial to prevent any damage to the porcelain cookware.