How To Wash Oven Mitts
The best oven mitts for cast iron can get dirty very easily. These are often used in the kitchen. It’s one of the common daily items that are needed in cooking. It can get stained with baked food or grease very easily. Because of daily usage and handling of very hot equipment, stains can be very difficult to remove. We know it can be difficult to wash these on your oven mitts. We made you a guide on how to remove stains and clean oven mitts easily. This guide can also save you money from buying another pair of oven mitts. You can read about how do silicone oven mitts work using our guide.
Items needed to wash oven mitts
The items that you will need:
- Laundry stain remover
- Liquid Dish soap
- Scrub Brush
- Dull knife
- Large bowl
The steps on how to wash oven mitts
- Scrape the burnt stains that the food have left on your oven mitt using the dull knife.
- If you notice some burnt food stains or particles that won’t come loose easily, you should focus on that first. Mix some hot water and dish soap into the large bowl. Place the oven mitts inside the large bowl with the liquid dish soap and water. Be sure that the part where there is stuck food stains are particles are completely soaked in the water. Leave that for several minutes.
- Use the scrub brush for scrubbing the food particles. They can be easily removed after soaking in the dish soap and water solution.
- After making sure that all little bits of food particles are removed, you can now focus on the stains
- Use the laundry stain remover for the stain and let it set.
- Wash and launder as usual.
- Make sure that all of the stains are removed before drying. If you placed it in the dryer and there are still stains, the heat would again set the stains making it harder to remove.
How to remove Black Stains from oil and grease from your Oven Mitts
The Items that you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Soda (Coke)
- Scrub brush
- Grease dissolving soap
- Washing Machine
- Hot Water
- Large Bowl
The steps on how to remove the stains:
- Mix the grease dissolving soap and hot water in a large bowl.
- Submerge the oven mitts into the soap and water solution for several minutes.
- If you notice that the soap has dissolved the grease, you can use the scrub brush for stain removal.
- If there are stains still on the oven mitts, spray it with WD-40. This will aid in removing the old stains.
- You can repeat step 1 to 3 if there are still stains remaining.
- If there are stains still on the oven mitts, mix dish soap and baking soda for us to create a pasty mixture.
- You’ll now apply this paste on the stain and scrub the area with a scrub brush
- After scrubbing, you can clean with warm water.
- If you notice there are still stains, you can try coca-cola or coke and hot water. Put them in a washing machine with hot water and the coca-cola. This will loosed up the grease further.
- Always avoid drying the oven mitts while there are stains as the heat would make the stain cling more.
- You can repeat the mentioned steps if the stains are still there on your oven mitts.
- If all the stains are gone, you can wash it as normal.
These are some guide and tips on how to effectively clean your oven mitts and what temperature protection do oven mitts have. We hope you liked this article and wish you success in cleaning your oven mitts.